Sitting in five different classrooms a day, listening to a
teacher and working in silence on your own. This was a typical day at high
school for me in 2014. On the odd occasion, you were told to work in groups and
this was exciting and unusual. However since going to university, I have learned
that for most students, group assignments are looked at in a very different
light. However I have not found this at all with the group I am working in for
this paper especially compared to some other groups I have worked with
previously in other papers.
We only had one set back with writing our report paper. One
member of our team decided not to continue with our team report and paper. With
the help of our tutor Pete, we worked around this. He allowed us to either drop
the interview/survey or to only do two topics for step two. We chose the second
option as we had already distributed the surveys and received completed surveys
back. From there we chose to focus on the two topics which we could focus our
ethical principles on.
Everything else ran smoothly in the group I am working in and
this could possibly be due to being allowed to choose who we work with. All of
us have had the mutual goal of wanting to achieve a good grade.We didn’t have any trouble in decision making because whenever
we had to make decisions about any aspect of assignment two, we all came to a decision
which accommodated for everyone. This included choosing what part of the
assignment we wanted to do or simply making a time for group meetings.The
group meetings which we had were very useful as they allowed us to clarify any
questions or confusion we have had about assignment two. They were also useful
as they set a deadline for us to ensure that we had our work completed.
Like back in high school, I have enjoyed creating a report for this group
assignment, mostly due to the people I was working with. I think the most important part in creating a team for a group assignment is having the right combination of people. To do this, I believe a common goal for the end result is needed.
2 comments:
This post describes very well the different perceptions between working in teams in high school and at university. It is often a very large transition between the two and I feel like this team assignment as been a good introduction to working with others in the future. It was interesting to see how you perceived our team was working - what was going well, and what needed improving. It was nice to see you had felt included and that you were happy with the decisions being made.
Everything that I have read about how our team worked has been exceptionally positive which I am glad about. With our one setback, we all pushed through and managed to produce a great report (well I think so).
Post a Comment